We the people of St. Patrick's Beenleigh, are a welcoming Eucharistic spirit-filled community, who are on the journey searching to be church in the world. We are committed to each other and to creating a parish that is both life-giving and challenging, respecting and reflecting our multi-cultural nature. Through our baptism we respond to the call to take the message of Jesus to all people.
Information & Reminders
Parish InformationParish Priest: Rev. Fr. Subin Thomas | After Hours Contact: 07 32875168 Parish Location: 24 Tobruk Street, Beenleigh, Qld 4207 Postal Address: PO Box 84, Beenleigh QLD 4207 Office Hours: Tues – Fri from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm Contact Numbers: Telephone: (07) 32872282 / 32875633 | Fax: (07) 32872472
Mass / Service Times
Your prayers are asked for all of the following: FOR THE SICK:
May they feel the Lord’s healing touch.
Aileen Allen, Nanette Bachmann, Graeme Becker, Carolyn Becker, Joan Bone, Marilou Balatinsayo, Vincent Brandsen, Bernard Brett, Ann Campsie, Ross Christie, Karen Clayton, Pam Cronk, Chris Davis, Ritha Donnel-ly, Jeffrey Graver, Mary Hall, Ben Hall, Baby Elijah Harrigan, Robert Harrigan, Josie Huth, Allanah Langton, Jan Maksimas, Lani Matulino, Mary-Jane Mealy, Alice Meerleveld, Marissa Pangan, Dorothy Perry, Dennis Rose, Wendy Salter, Greg Stacey, Chris Stevens, Jodie Taylor, Ryker Time, Kallum Topp, Kev Topp, Peter Topp, Laurie Topp, Leanne Tyrell-raddatz, Dulcie Urgh, Marcella Van de Vorstenbosch, Vicente Velasco Jr, Joy Worland, Elizabeth Yip, Google Zillionoro.
Prayers are also requested for the following nursing home residents at Beenleigh, Pimpama, Bethania Gardens, Jimbelunga—Eagleby, Connolly Court, Palm Lake, Jeta Gardens and Woodbeck Village.
RECENTLY DECEASED: Julieta Tarce, Anthony Healy
ANNIVERSARIES OCCUR AROUND THIS TIME: Jose Zarate
Please call the Parish Office to have names placed on any of the lists above or to remove someone who is now well.
Parish Youth News
United Youth: We’re doing something different this Friday! The hall isn’t available on Friday 18th, so we’re planning an outing – probably bowling. If you’d like to join us, please let me know early this week. After that, we’ll continue with our youth group meetings every 1st, 3rd and 5th Friday nights at the Joey’s hall from 6pm till 9pm. Anyone from the age of 10 to 20something is welcome 🙂
Next Youth Mass: 9am Sunday 20th June, with practice at 8am and Praise and Worship at 8.40am. If there are any young people who would like to join our youth band, or take part in any other way at the Youth Masses, please let me know. Other ministries include reading, taking up the collection and marshalling/welcoming .
Band practice is on Tuesday nights at the parish office.
New comers to our ministry are most welcome, so if you’re between 10 and 30, and would like to check out what we do at youth group, or would like to know what events we have coming up, please give me a call!
Cathy 0400 494 943 email@example.com
Year of St Joseph: If you would like to take the statue of St Joseph home for the week there a list available in the Truelson room to PRINT your details. This will continue each week until the 8th December.
The Catholic Leader June issue is available now for $4. Featured in this month’s issue:
– Married couple of 31 years who faced extraordinary medical challenges talks faith and family
– Springfield sees eight parishioners step forward in public ministry including women acolytes and new deacon
– Meet the newest fully professed Sisters of St Paul de Chartres
– Focus on Marriage: resources and ministries in Brisbane for married couples
– Marlon Riley on Reconciliation
– PLUS special Tertiary Education feature
You can purchase a copy from the piety stall.
Saint of the Day
- The Irish MartyrsCelebrated: 20 Jun (Ireland)Seventeen Irish Martyrs were put to death for the Catholic faith between 1579 and 1654 and were beatified in 1992. They include priests and lay people, men and women. Some were hanged, others were hanged, drawn and quartered. One or two died under torture. See the article in Wikipedia.
Archdiocese Video Series
Archdiocese Video Series
Catholic News Agency Daily News
- Pope Francis: The humble service of a deacon tells of the greatness of God
- Pope Francis may continue to make changes in the Roman Curia
- Pope Francis: Do not forget workers pushed to the margins by pandemic
- Religious leaders, scientists to convene at Vatican ahead of climate summit
- Cardinal: Religious freedom will be Europe’s ‘great problem of the future’